Wedding Photography Tips for Great Pictures
They say a photo is worth a thousand words. That’s why you can tell if a bride or groom was tense, happy or overwhelmed on the day of the wedding by looking at their wedding album. For this reason, you need to train yourself on how to take great photos ahead of the wedding day.
This has nothing to do with the skill of your wedding photographer but the way you pose, smile and position yourself in front of the camera. Here are a few photography tips and a couple of do’s and don’ts when taking wedding photos.
What to do to get Great Pictures
- Embrace all your emotions on the day of the wedding. When you are feeling super excited, embrace it and let it show on your wedding pictures.
- Choose a heel, instead of flats because high-heeled shoes tend to distribute your weight all over and improve your posture. If you are not so comfortable wearing heels then opt for wedges.
- Learn how to hold your bouquet in order to get great pictures. For instance, holding the bouquet below your bust line or to the side creates a nice picture.
- Place your hands on the hips to define the shape of your body instead of pressing then against the body.
- Know the face angles that look amazing on you when taking pictures. For instance, know whether you look good smiling with or without your teeth when taking pictures. You can practice this beforehand.
- Make use of props when taking pictures. Your wedding photographer will give you ideas on the kind of props you can use to get beautiful pictures.
- Be comfortable when taking your wedding photos. This is not the time to feel shy. As the bride, you are probably the most beautiful person in there and all eyes are on you so feel free to do all it takes to get beautiful pictures.
- Take instructions given by your wedding photographer. If he/she tells you to pose in a certain way, trust the professional that the photographs will turn out great.
- Get great ideas of wedding photos from weddings which happen all over the world. You can visit websites, read magazines and talk to your wedding photographer about the kind of creative photos that will look amazing on your wedding album.
- No slouching.
- Keep smiling no matter what happens on the day of the wedding, and something wrong is likely to go wrong so be best prepared.
- Consider all these wedding photography tips and you’ll be in for a great surprise.